Tuesday, July 3, 2012

1 Week Old

1 week old (6/28)

Well, Kinsley is one week old(almost two by the time I actually post this, oops)! Time is flying by too fast already. She has been a pretty good baby so far. The first couple of nights were a little rough, but after that she has only gotten up once through the night. I can handle that!
It has been a busy week. We have had a lot of visitors and several appointments. Monday was her first Dr. appointment. She lost more weight so we had to start supplementing with formula. I, on the other hand, only lost 7 pounds! She got her first bath at home on Monday and her cord fell off. We found it in her diaper, gross! I threw it away! Wednesday, Chris had a softball game and I was ready to get out of the house. It was too hot for Kinsley to be outside even at 9:15pm so my mom came to the house and watched her. My dad was more nervous about leaving her than I was. Jessica and Chad came in town late that night and stopped by to see Kinsley. Thursday, we had newborn pictures taken. She did not cooperate too well for them but I think we will still have plenty of good ones to choose from. We also went to see Great Grandma Jolley. By the end of the day we were both wiped out and took a nice long nap on the couch. Friday, she had another appointment and was almost back up to birth weight. I was much happier with my weight too. Down 17 pounds! Woohoo! Only 29 more pounds to go! As soon as people stop bringing us all this delicious food, I am going to start watching what I eat more and slowly start back in on exercising. Let's hope Kinsley likes to exercise!
Girl cousins visiting Grandma Jolley


First bath at home. She loves her hair being washed but that's about it.

1 week postpartum

Inspiration picture. One day I will look like this again, hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment