Friday, January 20, 2012

18 Weeks

18 weeks
1/15
I thought I had gotten a lot bigger from week 17 to 18 so I made sure to take a picture. Now that I look at it, it doesn't look that much bigger.  It feels bigger, does that count?  Not a whole lot happened this week, but next week is a big week! Monday we find out if the baby is a boy or a girl! I can't wait!

How far along: 18 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: We'll find out on Monday. Hoping it's not too much more than it was last month
Maternity clothes?: Yup. Starting to out grow some of my t-shirts too
Stretch marks?: nope
Sleep: Still don't have as much energy as I was hoping for.
Best moment this week: This really wasn't a very exciting week.
Movement: More and more everyday
Food cravings: Sweets! I'm trying to avoid them... until after my appointment at least! :)
Gender: We'll find out Monday!! woohoo
What I miss: Self-control. I can't seem to ignore the sweets!
Milestones: Another week down

From Babycenter:
Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper)
and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

No comments:

Post a Comment