Monday, January 30, 2012

20 Weeks


20 weeks  1/28
I'm half way done! This photo was taken a few days before I was actually 20 weeks, but I was already all dressed up!  It has been an exciting week. We found out baby Ireland was a girl, we got to see her in 3D, and we got to share the news with our family and friends at a big party.
Since I am half way I thought I would do a little comparison.  I might regret this later, but here ya go.
12 weeks
20 weeks
Wow, that's crazy how much 2 months and 14 pounds changes things.

How far along: 20 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  I probably gained 5 more pounds from all the cupcakes I ate this weekend
Maternity clothes?: Still in between maternity shirts and regular shirts.  One pair of maternity pants are getting a little snug
Stretch marks?: nope, hope it stays that way!
Sleep: I slept for 12 hours Saturday night!
Best moment this week:  Sharing with everyone that baby Ireland is a girl
Movement:  She is a wiggly little thing
Food cravings: Still loving the sweets!  Cupcakes were the sweet of choice this week.
Gender:  GIRL!
What I miss: Being able to work out like I used to. It's not as easy as it used to be.
Milestones: Half way done

From Babycenter:

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. She's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel —the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against her torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of her head to her bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, she's measured from head to toe.)
she's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for her digestive system. She's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in her bowels, and you'll see it in her first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).


This reminded me, when we had our 3d sono we saw little girl pee! Kind of gross, but cool at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha about her peeing. that is funny :o). just wait until you get 30-35 weeks, you won't believe how small you actually are now!

    looking great :o)

    ReplyDelete