Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Table Rock Lake

For the past two years a group of us from church has gone on vacation together. Just 4 couples and no kids! Last year we went to Breckenridge and this year we went to Table Rock Lake.  We were going to be tubing and skiing and all kinds of fun things that I wouldn't be able to do. I wasn't sure how I was going to keep the news that I was pregnant a secret but I was sure going to try! I made it through the first day with no problems. Saturday night was a long day of shopping and seeing Noah at the Sight and Sound theater. Heather was so observant and called me out on it. There was no way of hiding it, it was written all over my face! The girls were so excited I knew there was no way they could keep this secret from their husbands (the guys were golfing at this time). Every time one of the guys called to say they were on their way home, the girls all giggled. Chris told the guys at dinner shortly after they got home from golfing. They didn't show their excitement nearly as well as the girls (thanks girls!). I felt bad that our families didn't find out first but it was a relief to go the rest of the trip not having to hide anything.
Best quotes of the trip (before anyone knew I was pregnant):
Last summer Heather was pregnant and this year Megan is pregnant so on the way to Table Rock lake Megan said, looking straight at me,"So who is going to be pregnant next summer?"  Me:"Not me! Seriously I will NOT be pregnant next summer"
Walking into the Site and Sound theater as the smell of animals hits us like a ton of bricks Megan says, "Oh that smell! I'm glad I'm not in my first trimester!" Me, secretly thinking "I am!" but thankful I haven't hit the nauseous stage yet.


All of us outside at Branson Landing

Chris and I on Tabelrock Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment