Tuesday, June 14, 2011

WHAT!?

There it is, the proof! So here's the story:
The first of this year Chris and I decided to start a family. It was so much harder emotionally than I thought it would be. So May came and I noticed a lot of cramping most of the month but no other real signs of pregnancy.  I knew my monthly gift was due to arrive around the 6th of June which was the Monday before we left for vacation with a group of friends for five days.  Sunday night was the worse the cramping had been the whole month.  I just knew that my little friend was coming soon. Chris kept saying he thought I was pregnant, he just had a "feeling". I was so sure I wasn't pregnant, I made a bet with him.  Monday morning, June 6th, I went to the bathroom and to my surprise there was no sign of my friend. I decided to run to Walmart and get a pregnancy test, of course not peeing so I could be sure to get "the first morning's pee".  By the time I got back from Walmart I about peed my pants! I hurried and pulled the test out, did my thing, and set the test in the sink. I noticed there was a line there but was still too asleep to realize it was the "you're pregnant" line and not the control line. 5 min later (I really had to go!) I looked at the test, saw two lines, looked at the box, then the test, then the box, then the test. I thought I was seeing things! I quickly took a picture and sent it to my friend Sarah to make sure I wasn't losing my mind (I know, I should have told Chris first but I really wanted to tell him in person and I needed to tell someone immediately.).  Chris was at the dealership trying to get a new truck. I called him and asked what he was doing for lunch and asked him how the truck situation was going. He asked me to meet him at the dealership and pick him up and then we could go to lunch. When I got to the dealership Chris was still taking business with the dealer while I'm standing there freaking out.  So, finally, he got in the car and I start driving and say "I'm a little upset" hoping he would think that my friend came that morning. Of course his mind was on the truck so he didn't even hear me. So I said, "Did you hear me? I'm upset!". Finally he says "Why?". I said, "Because you won the bet!" He just stared at me and said "What? No way! Shut up!" I'm pretty sure his eyes were huge at this point but he had his sunglasses on so I couldn't see.  We headed home and I should him the proof! That night we spent the evening at the dealership trying to sign paperwork for the new truck. Neither of us slept at all that night. He was thinking about his new truck and I was thinking about this thing growing inside of me.



Pre bump pic



The picture above was taken on June 6 (the day we found out) so I am just over 4 weeks pregnant.









No comments:

Post a Comment