Saturday, November 24, 2012

5 Months old

"I'M FIVE MONTHS OLD!"

I love that smile!

It is hard to believe that another month has already gone by. I know I say that every month, but I am truly shocked by how quickly the time has gone. Kinsley is growing fast. Last week I tried to hold her in church so she would fall asleep and she barely fit on my lap. It's so sad! My baby girl is growing up ;(
Here are some of my favorite pictures from Kinsley's 4 month "photo shoot". Kelsey did such a great job, I love them!





Kinsley has been working on perfecting her new tricks. She rolls over to go to sleep almost every night, we laugh so hard we cry, and she is almost sitting by herself.  I am sure by 6 months she will be sitting up and who knows, maybe even crawling. Oh man, I hope not! I am not ready for that!
Kinsley still sleeps really well. We try not to tell to many people that or they think we are just bragging. Daylight savings time didn't seem to mess her schedule up too bad. She did wake up an hour sooner than normal on that Sunday but was fine Monday morning.
Kinsley was an adorable KU cheerleader for Halloween. Even the K-State fans thought she was so cute.
Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Chris and I helped with the teen retreat at the end of October. It was a Friday night, all day Saturday, and most of Sunday retreat. Kinsley stayed with my parents both nights. She did really well (or that's what they tell me) and slept through the night like she does at home. My mom brought Kinsley to see us on Saturday, but we still missed her!
So, technically Thanksgiving was the day after her actual 5 month birthday but I am slow at getting this out so we will just include it in this month. Kinsley enjoyed all the good food and had a great time snuggling with all the family. Jessica and Chad drove through the weekend before and Kim and Chris's Grandma were here for the whole weekend. We also stopped by my parent's house to see the Jolley side of the family.
Happy Thanksgiving!


Age: 5 months
Weight/percentile: I will try to get these soon. Sorry, I'm a slacker
Height/percentile:
Head circumference:
Eye color: Still blue. Sometimes they are a bright blue, sometimes they are a gray blue.
Hair color: light brown/blonde. She is getting more hair on top, it doesn't like to lay down.
Teeth: She is still working on those bottom teeth. One day she is just going to wake up with teeth
Diaper size: Size 1
Clothing size: Anywhere from newborn to 6-9 months. All of her footy pajamas are at least 6 months just for the length.
Favorite food: I haven't started her on cereal yet. Kinsley is definitely showing some interest in our food. She loves to watch us eat and especially watch us drink from a cup. I have let her "drink" from the come a few times. Don't worry, the cup was empty and she just sucks on it. Oh, she did eat the pumpkin I put her in.
Favorite activity: Snuggling with Mommy and Daddy! :)  We got her a jumper thing for the shop that she seems to like pretty well. She is getting very good at grabbing toys that are dangled in front of her.
Movement: Kinsley moves all the time in her bed! She is sitting up with very little assistance and is figuring out how her hands work.
Sounds/talking: Kinsley is still talking up a storm. Sometimes you can hear sounds like a hard G or C come through.
Inspiration picture

2 months postpartum


5 months postpartum. Almost there!

So the 6 week weight loss challenge is over and.... I won! I was so surprised! The 5th week, one other girl and I were tied for first place so the last week I really watched what I ate and worked out several times. The best part was the prize! I won $94 cash! I was so excited! I lost a total of 11.8 pounds in the 6 weeks. That puts me pretty much back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. Except, I am typing this after Thanksgiving and probably gained 5 pounds back. Now I just need to tone up a bit.

1 comment:

  1. SO CUTE!!! I'm so glad I got to see you last week! You and Kinsley are so beautiful and I'm so happy you are doing so well. I wish we lived closer so we could hang out more often. Just call whenever you are in the area!

    ReplyDelete