Friday, January 4, 2013

6 Months old



6 months old


Kinsley is a half year old! This post is a little late but Kinsley just had her 6 month Dr. appointment today. At least now I can include Christmas!
Kinsley seems to be growing up so fast. You notice in the picture above she is sitting up by herself. When that picture was taken she was only sitting up for a few seconds at a time before toppling over. Now, just a couple of weeks later, she is sitting up for 5-10 minutes at a time! I had to have my gallbladder removed on 12/17 and am on a 20 pound weight limit for 4 weeks. Since Kinsley weighs over 15 pounds herself, there is no way I can carry her and the carseat. When you have to run errands, you have to get creative. Kinsley got to sit in the front of the grocery cart. She thought she was hot stuff.
Kinsley's first time in grocery cart 12/24

Kinsley had her first bite of rice cereal on 11/28. She loved it and couldn't get enough. She has had spinach, asparagus, brussel sprouts and green beans so far. She is not picky at all! She didn't like the asparagus the first time she had it but loves it now. I am considering taking the solid foods away. Her poop and farts smell so bad!

I laugh every time I watch this!

Kinsley loved Christmas. She mostly tried to eat all of her presents and wrapping paper. My side of the family went to Branson the week between Christmas and New Year. Kinsley loved all of the attention she got and spending time with our family. She did a great job sleeping in the pack and play all week and did really well traveling. Kinsley started using a highchair while we were there. Ugh, she is so big!
First picture with Santa. She just wanted to pull on his beard.

Christmas Eve
Age: 6 months
Weight/percentile: 15lb 12oz/ 37th percentile
Height/percentile: 27.2in/ 87th percentile
Head circumference: 41.4cm/ 16th percentile
Eye color: Beautiful blue.
Hair color: Light brown/blonde. It is getting long enough that a little bit hangs over her ears and I have to brush it behind her ears a little
Teeth: I really thought she would have some teth by now. It seems like she has been working on them forever.
Diaper size: Size 1. There are starting to get tight.
Clothing size: Mostly 3-6 month. Her 6-9 month leggings are starting to get snug. Girl has some thighs!
Favorite food: She is not picky yet, she just loves food! She has has spinach, asparagus, brussel sprouts and green beans. She got a sippy cup for Christmas and loves to chew on it. I haven't put anything in it yet but she doesn't seem to care.
Favorite activity: Jumping, sitting up to play, looking upside down.
Movement: She seems to move constantly! She loves to jump and rolls all over the place.
Sounds/talking: Kinsley is still talking a lot. I love her facial expressions when she "talks" to you. It is like she is really trying to tell you something. She also makes a lot of high pitched singing sounds.


I am too lazy to take a picture. I really don't think I have changed much. I am back down to my pre-pre-pregnancy weight, but since I had surgery I haven't been able to go to the gym and start toning. Ahh, who am I kidding! It was Christmas time, there was no way I was going to the gym last month! Soon I will hit the gym...maybe :)

One last thing. Take a look at the pics below. Beard or no beard?

No comments:

Post a Comment