Wednesday, March 14, 2012

26 Weeks

26 weeks (3/12)
 Thanks everyone for the input on the nursery.  I still don't know what I am going to do but I am getting closer to deciding.  I got my fabric in the mail this week (thanks Jessica!).  It looks cuter in person than I remembered.  Now that I have the fabric, picking a paint color should be easier....hopefully!  We got the nursery primed this week, hoping to paint next week.  It is coming together! Chris's mom took me shopping for my birthday on Sunday!  I got several new tops, I'm wearing one in this pic. What do you think? I also registered this weekend (thanks for all the input on that too)! It took 4 hours to register at Target and Babies R' Us.  It was exhausting and a little overwhelming but overall a lot of fun. I couldn't have done it without Sarah, thanks girl!
I go for my glucose test and blood work on Saturday. I'm a little nervous about it but I guess if I am gestational diabetic it will give me no choice but to cut out the sweets.

How far along: 26 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I still don't want to know.
Maternity clothes?: Yup and new ones too! :)
Stretch marks?: nope
Sleep: Ughghg. My hips have been so sore I have to turn side to side all night, plus its getting harder to breathe laying flat. It's going to be a long 3 months!
Best moment this week: Shopping! For all kinds of baby stuff and for new maternity clothes.
Movement: She still moves a lot, I love it!
Food cravings: Brownies and ice cream. so good! I had a weird combo of chicken lo mein and salad. I tried to be healthy with the salad but the lo mein looked so good.
Gender: GIRL! Girl clothes are so much cuter!
What I miss: Good sleep and being able to walk without my hips hurting.
Milestones:Almost to the 3rd trimester

From Babycenter:
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. She may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. She's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when she's born and takes that first gulp of air. And she's continuing to put on baby fat. She now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel.

No comments:

Post a Comment