Sunday, July 20, 2014

22-23 Weeks

22 weeks (and 3 days 7/13)
Not much has changed in the past two weeks but I figured I better at least show you all a picture to prove it. This last week Chris found some motivation somewhere to start cleaning out the office/junk room and start turning it into the baby's room. So far we have moved the humongous desk out, moved everything out of the closet, took the wallpaper off the walls in the closet, bought paint and shelving for the closet. As soon as we paint and get the shelves in I can start organizing everything and putting it back in the closet, hopefully leaving enough room for baby things. Now that we know we are having another little girl I have started looking into ideas for her room and a name for her. If you have any suggestions on either I am open to it! Kinsley thinks we should name her Baby. It's fitting!
I have another appointment on Monday (7/21). Crossing my fingers I didn't double my weight again!

How far along: 23 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I'll find out Monday...
Maternity clothes?: Yup! My only pair of regular shorts officially don't fit.
Stretch marks?: None yet
Sleep:  I am having a hard time getting comfortable already. Most nights I still sleep pretty good.
Best moment this week: Getting ready for this little girl to arrive
Movement: They are getting pretty strong. I think she is going to be a kick boxer!
Food cravings: I think about food from the moment I wake up until I go to sleep. It's not a good thing! Lately the sweets are calling my name. Especially strawberry Poptarts and sugary cereal
Gender: Girl! I went through Kinsley's newborn (summer) clothes and pulled out things I thought we could make work for this (winter) baby. If people  *cough cough* Nana and MiMi *cough* buy clothes for this baby like they do for Kinsley, she will have plenty of clothes!
What I miss: Comfortably reaching my toenails to paint them. I desperately need a pedicure!
Milestones: Another week closer!

From BabyCenter:
Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about the size of a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.

No comments:

Post a Comment