Sunday, July 6, 2014

Beau or Bow now we know!

Well, It has been a busy week with vacation and parties. Just this week we had a bridal shower for JanMarie, a reveal party for Baby I, plus vacation in Tulsa for 4 days AND Fourth of July on Friday. We took a big risk this time with the reveal party. My ultrasound appointment was at 3:15 on thursday and the reveal party started at 6. The pressure was on! Baby I had to cooperate, and thankfully did without any problems.  I am measuring just a few days ahead of my due date and the baby weighs about 1 pound. Kinsley kept making the funniest comments; I couldn't stop laughing! I pointed out the baby's eyes to her and she said "glasses?" So funny!
With all the busyness I didn't do very good at taking pictures of the party. We had mustache and hair bow pins that people could wear to show their vote on boy or girl. The food was boy and girl themed. Boy food included my famous BBQ meatballs, pigs in a blanket, and macaroni and cheese. Girl food included Chicken salad sandwiches, hair bow pasta salad, and fruit salad. There were cupcakes for dessert. At Kinsley's reveal party the "reveal" was in the cupcakes. Multiple people thought it was the same this time and were afraid to even touch the cupcakes!
invitations from Etsy
Since the reveal party was the day before the 4th of July I thought we would do some kind of firework. I initially thought about doing a smoke bomb but I wanted everyone to be able to participate. We ended up doing party poppers. While I was laying by the pool getting all tan on vacation, my family was removing the inside of 48 party poppers and filling half of them with blue tissue paper and the other half with pink tissue paper.
PINK!

First, I might have stopped the video for a second (oops) so sorry it's a little choppy. Second, I thought the pink and white would look cute but it turns out it is harder to see the pink in the video. Either way it was a great time!
Excited to add another girl to the family!

This weeks stats:
How far along: 21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I had some good food on vacation... I don't want to know how much I gained.
Maternity clothes?: Yes. Still wear one pair of regular shorts. I just can't get myself to spend $40 on a pair of shorts I will wear for a few months.
Stretch marks?: None yet
Sleep: My dreams are crazy!
Best moment this week: Finding out we are having another girl!
Movement: They are getting stronger everyday
Food cravings: I ate so much this week I don't think I will crave anything for a little while.
Gender: Another girl!!!
What I miss: Laying on my stomach.
Milestones: Another week down

From BabyCenter:

How your baby's growing:

Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — about the size of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment