Monday, June 30, 2014

20 Weeks


20 weeks (6/26)
I am half way already! This pregnancy has gone by so much faster than the last. I am probably just a little bit busier this time around. Saturday (6/21) we celebrated Kinsley's 2nd birthday. That girl is just amazing. I will have more on that in a different post...hopefully.
All dolled up for birthday dinner
I have been busy working the past week or so. A lady I work with needed to trade nights and I had already picked up a shift at St's so I ended up working 5 days in a row. I just had to keep reminding myself that in one week I would be on vacation. (FYI I'm typing this on vacation, it's pretty amazing). I had my appointment with Kim and again everything sounded great. Kinsley loves to hear the "choo choo".  My weight on the other hand, not so great. :(  I was a little disappointed. I thought I was doing so well this time but I gained 6lbs in two weeks! Yup, that is 3 lbs per week! Several things could have happend: I/the baby had a growth spurt, It is a difference in scales, I hadn't slept in almost 20 hours so my stomach didn't have time to digest, or I just ate too many sweets and fried foods. No matter what I need to be careful not to continue on that 3 lbs per week routine. After vacation, and Fourth of July I will watch my diet a little better...maybe.
Not much longer and we will find out if this baby is a boy or a girl!

Here are a few comparisons for you:
9 weeks
20 weeks










20 weeks with Kinsley


How far along: 20 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: In 2 weeks I doubled my weight gained. Up to 12 now.  *sigh*
Maternity clothes?: Yup! I have had to bump up to Medium t-shirts
Stretch marks?: Nope
Sleep:  I don't do well sleeping during the day. I'm lucky to get 6 hrs, usually it's 4.
Best moment this week: Getting through that 5 day stretch alive!
Movement: Yup. Some days more than others.
Food cravings: I did get that Casey's pizza I was wanting a couple weeks ago!
Gender: We'll know really soon!  AHHH starting to get a little anxious.
What I miss: Sliding through tight spaces. I have hit my belly so many times because I forget it's there
Milestones: Half way!


From BabyCenter:

How your baby's growing:

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — about the size of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)
He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).



No comments:

Post a Comment