Sunday, June 15, 2014

16 Weeks

16 weeks (5/29)
I have really "popped" the past couple of weeks! A week or so ago I wore a black shirt with a cute teal chevron scarf that I got in San Antnio to church. Just like at Easter, I got a lot of compliments on my scarf. You could tell they were starring straight at my tummy and just didn't want to say anything.
14 weeks (5/18)
What a cute little bump
This baby has already gotten to ride on an airplane twice! Kinsley and I flew to Colorado to celebrate Audrey's 1st birthday! Both Kinsley and the baby did great on the "hairpain" as Kinsley calls it. We had a great few days in Colorado. We went to the mountains on one day and to the Denver Zoo our last day. I found out that Kinsley does not do well in the car for more than 30 minutes :/
Kinsley loves her cousin Audg!
I had my second appointment on 5/20 (14w5d). Everything sounded great and I got to schedule my anatomy ultrasound (where we find out the sex) appointment! I'm a little bummed it's not until July 3rd! First, I will be 21 weeks by then which seems really late. Second, we are going on vacation just a few days before and it would have been nice to do some shopping for the baby. Oh well, I am still excited to find out and preparing Chris for another girl!
Now that I am well into my second trimester I thought it was probably safe to let the world of Facebook know. I have been trying to think of a clever way to share the news and decided to have Kinsley do a little video with her "super sister" shirt on. Here was the script I planned:
Me: Kinsley, what does your shirt say?
Kins: Sister! (she has said this plenty of times before)
Me: Are you going to be a big sister!?
Kins: Yes!
Two words Kinsley, that's all you have to say. It's quite simple really. I tried to get the video one day and after several attempts I decided to give it up and try again another day. A few days later we tried again while Chris was home. She didn't follow the script but I think we got the message across.
How far along: 16 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Only 3lbs gained at my almost 15 week appointment!
Maternity clothes?: Yup! And I am looking into investing in some shorts!
Stretch marks?: None
Sleep:  I love my body pillow!
Best moment this week: Sharing the news with the world!
Movement: Yes! It's not everyday but the movements are getting stronger and more noticable.
Food cravings: Things definitely taste different this go around. For example, hot turkey and cheese sandwich tastes terrible.
Gender: Preparing Chris for a girl, secretly hoping for a boy. :)
What I miss: Energy! Seriously, I thought I was supposed to feel like a whole new woman as soon as the second trimester hit.
Milestones: Well into the second trimester!

From BabyCenter:

How your baby's growing:

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment