Saturday, October 31, 2015

11 Months!


11 months! 

Look at those ornery eyes. She did not want to keep that sticker on! Life is just flying by. I can hardly keep up! Callie is growing so fast and hitting more and more milestones. A couple of weeks ago I switched out summer clothes for winter clothes. It was a little bitter sweet. It was so fun pulling out all the old clothes Kinsley used to wear, but when I thought about Kinsley wearing these clothes I remembered her being much older and there was no way Callie was that old yet. She is still a baby. Right!?  With all the new clothes going into Callie's closet I was forced to put away the 3-6 month clothes. I pouted about how little they were and how they used to fit my little baby. *sigh* I guess it's time to accept that I have a big girl on my hands now.

Although I wish Callie could stay little forever, I do love seeing her grow everyday. Callie has started eating more meat like chicken and she loves eggs. She is also getting pickier. She won't eat anything with texture and she really doesn't like carrots. Silly girl!

Callie is getting better at using her walker and has even mastered going up the stairs (not with the walker just to clarify).  She is quick too! She LOVES to stand at the dishwasher and hand me the silverware. After each item she hands me she says "thank you" or something that sounds a lot like "thank you".  At the beginning of the month she started say "Uh-oh". That one was very clear. It is so fun to hear her vocabulary develop. Sometimes I feel like we are having a real conversation!
Using the walker.
 Kinsley is such a good cheerleader for her.
Callie has never really been attached to her wubble (binky) but she always had it for car rides and sleeping. For several weeks I would give it to her and she just threw it, especially in the car. Well one morning it was gone. I looked everywhere for it. It just disappeared! She didn't seem to miss it so I quit looking for it. I was changing her bed a week or so ago and found it under the bed. I'm really not sure how it got there but I couldn't reach it so I just left it. :)

Callie and I are enjoying our mornings together. A couple mornings a week we just hang out at home or run a few errands, one morning we go to story time at the library, one morning we go to bible study and one morning Callie's friend Callahan comes to play. It is so fun watching them play together. I like to sit back and try to figure out what they are thinking and saying to each other.
Silly mornings with Mommy

Picnic lunch with Callahan

Halloween is the only major holiday left that Callie hasn't gotten to experience so we had to make sure to celebrate right. We went to two different pumpkin patches, took a hayride, picked a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch, had apple cider slushes and S'mores.... well I had the apple cider slush and S'mores for her. Sorry Callie, maybe next year.



Hayride

Callie's first pumpkin
Love her blue eyes!
 I'm warning you now, my next post will be late (or may never happen because I am still in denial that this girl is going to be one!) and long!


Age: 11 months
Weight/percentile: Still only 17 lbs according to our scale at home
Height/percentile:
Eye color: Blue but sometimes they are a little more green
Hair color: Light brown and getting longer
Diaper size: I just switched her over to size 3 diapers. More for the absorbency than the fit
Clothing size:  Most of her warmer clothes are 12 month or even 18 month so we rock 'em with the sleeves rolled a little. The first time I put long sleeves on her she just kept looking at them "what is this on my arm!?" So funny
Shoe size: She is wearing mostly size 3 but again a lot of the boots she has are size 4 so I put a thicker pair of socks on her and let her go. When I was packing up all the smaller clothes, I put away the smaller shoes too. There were several pair in there I was sad she never wore.
Favorite food: Callie loves eggs and green beans. I have also noticed she will eat things much better out of a pouch than from a spoon. And if it has any kind of texture to it she spits it right back out.
Favorite activity: Playing with friends and Kinsley, playing with her picnic set, swinging (best investment ever!), pulling things out of a box.
Movement:  Using walker, climbing stairs, cruising around furniture. She might be walking before she is one!
Sounds/talking: She is talking more and more. Actual words like "thank you" and "uh-oh"
Sleep: Callie is still having stretches where she wakes up in the night. She also has been skipping her morning naps lately. 


No comments:

Post a Comment