Wednesday, May 9, 2012

34 Weeks

34 weeks (5/7)
We decided to give our family a few clues on Baby I's name. We really thought it would take several days and few more clues for them to figure it out. No, they all figured it out almost immediately! So here are the clues we gave them: it is a small city in Kansas, it has 7 letters. I guess we should have started with one clue at a time. So, go for it! Any ideas? If you already know don't ruin it for everyone else.
I made some adorable headbands I found on Pinterest. One style I made out of elastic and the other I made from an old T-shirt. The flowers are made out of felt and turned out really cute! I hope they fit her head.  I'll find out soon I guess!
Tuesday I have an appointment then start weekly appointments after that. Yikes! I am a little worried, she feels like she is laying transverse (sideways). Hopefully she figures out how she is supposed to lay soon before she runs out of room!

How far along: 34 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I have been gaining about 1.5 pounds a week, but this week I really gave in to all the sweet cravings so I'm sure I gained 3 pounds just this week.
Maternity clothes?: Yup
Stretch marks?: None yet.
Sleep: I took the medicine to help me sleep last week when I had to work two days in a row, it was awesome!
Best moment this week: Telling our family Baby I's name. I think they like it, I hope she does!
Movement: Still pretty constant and seriously painful sometimes. I am sure I will miss it when it's gone so I will just enjoy it!
Food cravings: I made chocolate chunk brownies(oh my goodness these were so good! I will need to buy more!) with ice cream on Sunday and mini fruit pizzas on Monday. I probably should back off on the sweets for a few days.
Gender: GIRL!
What I miss: Being able to make it through a night shift without my feet hurting. They feel bruised by morning.  Ok, I really need to quit complaining! I have a ways to go!
Milestones: I can deliver at St. Francis! Our NICU takes babies as young as 34 weeks, so Baby I can stay at St Francis.

From Babycenter:
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies

2 comments:

  1. Chris told me her name and I personally love it :). Can't wait to see the headbands you made! And if you want to borrow any of Ryann's you are more than welcome. She doesn't wear the headbands anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bad guesser. I'll need more hints. :-)

    ReplyDelete