Thursday, May 31, 2012

37 Weeks

37 weeks (5/28)
I have made it to full term! This little girl can come out any time, the sooner the better!  I am sure when I am up several times a night with her I will be wishing I could but her back in for a while. At my appointment this week I saw a different midwife since mine was on vacation. She is pretty good at guessing baby's weight, although she said she is much better at guessing when baby is actually born haha.  She guessed Kinsley would weigh around 7 1/2 pounds when she was born.  I can handle that! Sunday Chris, Ashley and Ryann came for dinner. We all guessed weight and date Kinsley would make her grand appearance. Anyone else want to guess? While they were here we played at the park and Chris (my husband, it gets very confusing) quizzed Ryann on her shapes. Chris drew what he thought was a circle but Ryann called him out on it, it was actually an oval. It was so funny!
Monday was Memorial day. We didn't have any plans so we decided to have a date night. We saw Men in Black 3 and went to dinner at Longhorn (I love their strawberry pecan salad). It was nice to have a night out with just the two of us. Part of me is sad to think that those days are very numbered, but it is also exciting to know we have a new adventure ahead of us.
date night (5/28)
The picture is blurry and my face looks really round but oh well. I keep trying to convince Chris to shave his beard before the baby comes. I told him she wouldn't like it! Haha. 
If Kinsley was ready to come out, Wednesday would have been the day to do it. I did all the old wives tales that day. My mom and I went and got pedicures and manicures (part of her mother's day gift). The guy who did my feet did a really good massage and rubbed the spot that is supposed to induce labor.  Then we got some delicious chocolate and had dinner with a bunch of ladies from church at Carlos O'Kelly's (spicy food). Then we went to watch Chris play softball and it started to storm and we all had to run to our cars. So I guess she just isn't quit ready yet.



How far along: 37 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I only gained a 1/2 pound this week! I might just count it as a zero weight gain since the pounds number stayed the same, just the fraction of a pound changed. Woohoo! I could use a few more weeks like that!
Maternity clothes?: uh-huh
Stretch marks?: Nothing :)
Sleep: I have been so thirsty in the evenings, I end up getting up several times in the night to pee.
Best moment this week: Date night. Might be the last one for a while :(
Movement: Yup.
Food cravings: I craved fried chicken this week. I got some from KFC, it was ok but really greasy.
Gender: GIRL!
What I miss: My ankles. I definitely have cankles!
Milestones:  Full term!


From Babycenter:

Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)
Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is 7.9 lbs and date of birth Monday the 11th!

    ReplyDelete