Saturday, May 19, 2012

35 Weeks

35 Weeks (5/14)
Each week is getting harder and harder. Being super busy at work isn't helping much. My only complaint is MY FEET HURT! They feel bruised and hurt to walk on. Tuesday at work was a rough night. Meconium amniotic fluid exploded all over me during a delivery and it was so busy. I barley sat down my whole 12hr shift. Wednesday when I woke up my feet were so swollen! I am hoping the next few weeks are not quite so busy or I may not make it! I had 3 people tell me this week I looked like I was about to pop! When I tell them I have another month they say "you won't make it another month". Although I really hope they are right, I am going smack the next person that says it! I have gone from an XS to an XL scrub top at work and my wedding ring is a little snug. I guess that means I am getting close to the end.
Ok, I'm done complaining. :)  Last week I gave clues for the baby's name. Almost everyone has guessed it, I really should have made the clues harder.  For those of you who are a little behind I will fill you in. Her name is Kinsley. Her middle name will be the same as mine, Michele. I really like it and hope she does too!
Tuesday I had my first weekly appointment. She checked me for GBS (group B strep) and checked my cervix (Sorry if that's too much info for you. You'll get over it!).  My cervix was closed, which I figured it would be. But, I was 50% effaced and definitely vertex (head down). Woohoo! As long as she stays that way we'll be in good shape.
Here is the latest craft project:
Burp cloths
They are burp cloths. I think they turned out really cute! I used some white wash cloths and hand towels I had laying around and sewed on some flannel. There are 6 small ones and 3 bigger ones. That should be enough.... I hope.
I also got my tree decal in the mail last week. I love it and can't wait to get it on the wall! I will put pictures up as soon as I get it on the wall!

How far along: 35 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Well, I only gained 2 more pounds instead of 3 or 4. She needs to come sooner than later so I don't pass my second goal weight of 45 pounds. I'm creeping up there!
Maternity clothes?: Yup
Stretch marks?: None yet.
Sleep: Good when I take the medicine, not so good when I don't.
Best moment this week: Getting the tree decal in the mail. Love it!
Movement: She has slowed down a little. Less somersaults and more nudges and stretches. I guess some of the "movements" I was feeling were actually braxton hicks. Who knew.
Food cravings: I bought mint oreo cookies this week. They are so good dunked in milk!
Gender: GIRL!
What I miss: Bending over. I tried to paint my toes, it wasn't too easy. Pedicures from now on!
Milestones: One month left!


From Babycenter:
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

1 comment:

  1. You will never ever have enough burp cloths. I'm just saying :). If you want to use some of ours I can bring those with me as well!

    ReplyDelete